Monday, July 6, 2009

AA Chocolates


It isn't often that I downright fall in love with a line of chocolates at first taste, but it's just happened. The object of my affection is Antoine Amrani Chocolates, a line that was created by the former pastry chef of Georges Perrier's Le Bec Fin in Philiadelphia. I met Amrani at the Fancy Food Show in New York, and I was immediately drawn to his chocolate line's beautiful brown and lime-green packaging with its distinctive logo. Then I saw the chocolates themselves, and they are pure poetry: shiny little jewels, beckoning for a bite. The bite was also a revelation--I first tried the Coconut Kaffir Lime and was beguiled by the flavors of Thailand, the texture of the coconut, the snap of the dark chocolate.


Other intriguing flavors in the line include Banana Rum, Raspberry Organic Cinnamon Honey, Coffee Sour Cherry (the red piece in the photo above), Banana Rum and Almond Crisp. The chocolates are made with natural, organic ingredients, and are preservative-free. Most are made with 70 percent chocolate. Check out the line at www.aachocolates.com or visit their store at 550 Foundry Rd., E. Norriton, PA; 877-267-2644.